If you are experiencing erectile dysfunction, Dr. Maese and his team of the best men’s health specialists in Dallas, TX are here to help. There are many contributing factors to erectile dysfunction and Dr. Maese can provide the testing or treatment you may need.
Facts about Erectile Dysfunction (ED):
1. Men should be able to perform sexually till their 70’s and in some cases until their 80’s.
2. Testosterone levels gradually decrease as men age.
3. The medical conditions that predispose to erectile dysfunction (ED) are the same as those that eventually result in cardiovascular disease, including heart attacks, strokes, congestive heart failure and sudden cardiac death.
4. Frequently erectile dysfunction or failure to perform sexually is a sign of a future cardiovascular event.
5. Alcohol consumption, mental stress, drugs and poor sleep patterns contribute to ED symptoms.
6. The vast majority of men that suffer from ED, from mild to severe, have one or more unrecognized cardiovascular risk factors such as pre-diabetes, diabetes, obesity, hypertension, elevated cholesterol, tobacco abuse, sleep apnea and vascular inflammation.
A comprehensive approach to identify each individual’s risk factor profile is an essential first step in the evaluation and management of ED. This will result in preventing adverse cardiovascular outcomes, improved sexual function and cognition, lower medication use and a longer healthier life!
Stress or anxiety can cause a serious night without sleep, which can lead to chronic health issues. The relationship of insomnia to anxiety disorders is also influenced by depression. Dr. Maese takes the time to understand your specific circumstances leading to these symptoms to help put together a treatment plan for optimal living.
Men who report prostate symptoms contact us to schedule an appointment. Dr. Maese can provide Prostate Cancer Screening (PSA), as well as discuss questions concerning potential harms and benefits of prostate cancer screening.
Cancer screening exams are significant medical tests when you’re at risk but don’t experience symptoms. They help detect cancer at its earliest stage, when the chances for successful treatment are best. Most testicular cancers are found by men themselves, either inadvertently or through self-examination. If you notice anything unusual about your testicles or if you have been diagnosed with testicular cancer, Dr. Maese is here to help. Call us or book an appointment online.
Dr. Maese offers same-day sick visits for urgent medical concerns such as fevers, ear infections, diarrhea, nausea, asthma, allergic reactions and more. For sick visits, we encourage you to call before 12:00 for a same day appointment. Dr. Maese does his best to see every sick patient who needs a same-day appointment, however, we may not be able to accommodate your request. To schedule a same day sick visit, give us a call or schedule an appointment online.